Taking off shoes. more reply back

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Sat, 11 Jul 1998 07:06:02 -0500

Hi Barrie,
I am happy that your friends insensitive client paid his fee anyway.  There
are people in America who wouldn't do that.
On your freezer bags, you have to do what you have to do regardless of
appearance. James Grebe
R.P.T. of the P.T.G. from St. Louis, MO. USA, Earth
Piano Service and Piano Periperals
Creator of Hardwood PLTR's and Custom Piano Benches
pianoman@inlink.com         If I wake up in the morning, it WILL be a great
day!

----------
> From: Barrie Heaton <Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: Taking off shoes. more reply
> Date: Saturday, July 11, 1998 5:48 AM
>
> I don't get a lot of request to take my shoes off, if fact I don't have
> to take my shoes of to count them.
>
> I just happen to carry the clear freeze bags to put customers broken
> bass string in or action parts that I am going to make a copy of I can
> label the bags.  I keep elastic bands as they have many uses.
>
> I have to agree with Glenn, it does look pathetic with the bags on your
> feet.. but needs must, if one wishes to make your customer happy.  I
> have a friend, who had a new client turn him away.  She said she will
> not have his guide dog in the house, he would not leave the dog out side
> in the porch. She paid him the full fee for the call.
>

> Barrie,
>

> In article <199807092158.QAA29300@thor.inlink.com>, pianoman
> <pianoman@inlink.com> writes
> >Hi Barrie,
> >Good idea.  Mine is  a safety issue as much as cleanliness and you need
> >hard sole to do the job properly.
> >James Grebe
> >R.P.T. of the P.T.G. from St. Louis, MO. USA, Earth
> >Piano Service and Piano Periperals
> >Creator of Hardwood PLTR's and Custom Piano Benches
> >pianoman@inlink.com         If I wake up in the morning, it WILL be a
great
> >day!
> >
> >----------
> >> From: Barrie Heaton <Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk>
> >> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> >> Subject: Re: Taking off shoes. more
> >> Date: Thursday, July 09, 1998 12:27 PM
> >>
> >> I have a couple of clients that would like me to take off the shoes. I
> >> point out that if I take off my shoes it will inviolate my public
> >> liability  insurance.    For those who still bleat on...and on... I
have
> >> two freezer bags,   which I put over my shoes and some elastic bands
> >> keep them on,  I use 3 on each foot.  Two broad bands round the toe
this
> >> help with traction and one on the ankle.
> >>
> >> Barrie.
> >>

> >> In article <199807091147.GAA32459@thor.inlink.com>, pianoman
> >> <pianoman@inlink.com> writes
> >marble
> >her
> >door
> >because
> >hardwood
> >great

> >last
> >easy
> >times

> >> --
> >>
> >> Barrie Heaton                                  |  Be Environmentally
> >Friendly
> >> The UK Piano Page                              |
> >> pgp  key on request                            |  HAVE YOUR PIANO
TUNED