Fun with lyres

PDtek@aol.com PDtek@aol.com
Sun, 5 Jul 1998 03:14:46 EDT

> As I rolled the piano up on it's leggs
>  (sorry Deb) I learned what happens when a lyre snaps and breaks.

>Lar

The local movers just love to give me crap about rolling pianos up over the
lyre. But hey, nobody else is around when its time to set the piano up after
an install, so how else am I supposed to do it? I've used this method on
pianos up to 6'3" and have never had any problem, but I suppose it is just a
matter of time. I don't envy your experience, it must have been an extremely
unpleasant event. I think I'll double check lyres in the future. Makes me
think of the time that a mild mannered baptist minister tuner I know  was
pitch raising a Meisner vertical one morning when the plate exploded. He
quietly packed up his stuff, drove home, laundered his drawers, and went to
bed for the rest of the day. And they say there is no drama in piano service.

Have a good one

Dave