loss of pitch

BobDavis88@aol.com BobDavis88@aol.com
Sat, 4 Jul 1998 01:05:53 EDT

<< My goodness, how fascinating! I had thought that perhaps my customer's
 trouble with his perfect pitch (hearing everything a semitone low) was from
 changes in brain chemistry. However, from what you're saying, perhaps it
 was a problem with the elasticity of the eardrum itself.

Greetings, Susan,
My piano teacher of a few years ago (since deceased) heard different pitches
with each ear! I believe they were about a half step apart. I have heard this
effect associated with an auditory neuroma (a growth or swelling on the
auditory nerve).

Bob