Touch weight and re-busing action centers

Greg Torres Tunapiana@adisfwb.com
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 13:14:11 -0600

Jerry,
 You can get the "premium" cloth from American Supply or Renner (someone
else on this list may have their # and address or you can look it up in PTG
journal. One suggestion-the liquid hide glue does work ok and I have used
the hot hide glue also, but in the case of the old uprights and pianos where
the mortise might not be as consistent in size from one key to another I
find that any good carpenters wood glue works better. As to the reason for
the "premium" cloth, it is more dense and the glue does not have as much
opportunity to "wick" through it.  Hope this helps.
BTW, I really like the teflon cauls. If you're out there-Thanks, Bill !

Sincerely,
Greg Torres