Virus

Carl Fischer fischerc@nevada.edu
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 14:10:52 +0000

Dear Dave,

The sad truth is, that you can't catch a virus from an email. period.  You
would have to receive a virus as an attachment with an email, and execute than
attachment to infect your machine.  The unfortunate fact is that these virus
"warnings" are they themselves the 'hoax' or 'virus', as they are unwittingly
spread from person to person.

Don't feel embarrassed, we've all participated in these spreading these hoaxes
at one time or another.

yours,

Carl Fischer

P.S. A "macintosh" virus is very rare.

"Those who go into lawsuits as pigs, generally come out as sausage."