Pitch Rasing using the SAT

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 08:08:43 EST

<<"Personally, I feel that it is essential to tighten plate fasteners before
doing any tuning, not just when raising pitch. It only takes a few minutes
and I believe that it can dramatically improve the overall stability of
your tuning.">>

 Tom;
 Question, On one particular piano, that is tuned once a year, if you tighten
plate fasteners every time you tune, and you only tune in the "dry" season,
how long will it be before the fasteners fail?
Jim Braynt (FL)