Inexpensive Powerbooks

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Mon, 16 Feb 1998 15:24:25 -0600

Just a note for persons who might be interested in purchasing CyberTuner
and/or a Powerbook on which to run it.

The Powerbook 2400 which is currently the Powerbook best suited for use
with CyberTuner was priced at about $3500 just a few months ago.  This
machine is currently priced by Apple at about $2000.  Some (but not all)
CompUSA stores currently have the 2400 priced at $1800.  (It is likely
that these prices reflect the closing out of this model, and that this
price will not be available for very long.)

I assume Dean Reyburn has Powerbook/RCT packages priced in-line with the
above prices.

The last I heard (2-1-98), Dean had Powerbook/RCT packages starting at
$1395 for a grayscale machine including RCT, and color computer packages
starting at $1695 including RCT.

Excuse the commercial nature of this post but I think that the
availability of (almost) half-priced Powerbooks is news.

Kent Swafford