a different piano design...

Sat, 14 Feb 1998 21:52:08 -0800

Wim, et al,

Please allow me to make a correction, or clarification, to my earlier post under this
subject. In that post I said:

> I want to see the pianos being built today so much better than those that were built 25
> years ago that the present owner has a musically compelling reason to trade his 25 (or
> 100) year old Steinway in on a new one.

I would like to rephrase that to read:

"I want to see AND HEAR the pianos that are being built today PERFORMING so much better
than those that were built 25 years ago that the present owner has a musically compelling
reason to trade his 25 (or 100) year old Steinway in on a new one."

In this business we tend to equate attention to detail and perfection of workmanship with
performance. They are not necessarily related. Quality of construction does not
necessarily translate into quality of tone performance.

Regards,

Del