Pitch raise

David W. Pitsch dpitsch@ix.netcom.com
Sat, 14 Feb 1998 20:42:15 -0700

"Fine tune" to me is less than 5 cents pitch variation.  This is hard to achieve
on a pitch raise, especially in the top treble, but not impossible (practice makes
perfect).  If the piano is within this range, a fine tuning immediately after a
pitch raise will give the same results as when the piano does not need the pitch
raise!

The biggest problem I have seen in pitch raising is that the tuner does not end up
within this 5 cent deviation from where the piano will be after "fine tuning".
This is where SAT's and RCT's are extremely effective.  Knowing where you will end
up is 90% of the battle to get there.