Verdigris

Keith McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 09:24:44 -0600 (CST)

Part of Norm Barrett's post:
>...Another solution to this problem has been in the back
>of my mind for a long time.  It seems to me that it would
>be easier to accomplish than Susan's suggestion and
>certainly more certain. Knock out the old bushings and
>replace them with the teflon bushings.
>Has anyone ever tried this?...

Yes.  Or rather rather something similar I think.

I have two complete sets of hammers and flanges with teflon bushings, so I
thought to myself, "Why not make use of these flanges instead of ordering
new sets of shanks and flanges."

It didn't take long for me to realize the incompatibility of cloth type
bushing flanges and teflon type bushing flanges, and the hammer shank ends
that go into these flanges, were definitely not compatible.  That project
was discarded quickly.

At least, that's how I remember it.

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net