No need to delete

Billbrpt@aol.com Billbrpt@aol.com
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 10:18:45 EST

<< I suspect that it was learning that the "designer and tester of virtual
 flamesuits since ????" had studied with the Great Master himself impacted
 bb's decision to depart the list as much as anything else did, maybe more.
 It's easier to withdraw than to deal with the possibility that someone else
 may know at least as much as you do, right?

 gina

I see in the responses exactly what I would have predicted:  everything I am
accused of:  making assumptions and publishing them as if they were fact.

Dear friends, I'll be the first to claim, not admit, claim that I don't know
everything and I don't have all the answers.  There does seem to be a group
here that thinks they do however and how dare someone come in here to
contradict any one of them!

Les Smith's post about keyboards and HT's hints at one thing clearly:  people
are interested in them and asking for them or they wouldn't be featured on
this equipment.  Where will keyboards be in 5 years?   Where will HT's be in 5
years?  How many recordings like Ed Foote's will there be?  Where will you be?

Will you still be condemning HT's and ridiculing me or anyone who tries to
point out ideas and facts that should be rather obvious but which you are too
close-minded and content with mediocrity to accept?  Will you still be
badmouthing Kimballs and Acrosonics, saying they can't really be tuned but
still insisting that the version of ET that you do is still valid?

Of the several who vehemently wrote their protests to me which included any
and all kinds of the assumptions that I have been accused of, not a single
person has ever defended any points of contention I have raised.  There have
only been defensive, personal attacks.

Since I don't know most of you who have taken such offense and been so
defensive, I have never assumed anything.  I can however draw conclusions
based upon what you say.  Those who protest the loudest and the longest seem
to know the least about what they are talking about.  The guy who wrote so
many times about my assumptions and finishes with his own about "Goofey" doing
ET is a good example of this.  He took the trouble to tell me all about his
credentials and the fact that he has "perfect pitch" then proceeded to tell me
that ET was the only way I should ever offer to tune a piano.  Do I really
need to take his advice?

Do I need to take the advice of someone who can't get the 3rds right but
figures they don't really matter?  Do I need to take the advice from someone
who insists upon ET but who actually tunes Reverse-Well?  I don't think so.

With this post, I am unsubscribing for real.  I thought I did last night but
then again, I don't know everything, don't know how to do everything right and
whatever I did, did not work.  I just can't get rid of you guys!  Some of the
good information that flows on this List is really harmed by the few of you
who try to control it.

I've got work to do and no more time to argue with ignorance at this time.
I'll be back later.

Bill