replacing back

Mike Masters agraffes@worldnet.att.net
Mon, 09 Feb 1998 22:52:47 +0000

Delwin D Fandrich wrote:

> Depends on how good a job the factory did when gluing on the sides. And it depends on what
> the sides of the piano are made of.
>
> I've taken a few older uprights apart using the hammer & chisel routine, but modern pianos
> with good glue joints and, shall we say, the somewhat less than robust panel stock used in
> their sides, can be a bit trickier to get apart. Those sides split awfully easy.
>
> So, good luck again.
>
> Del

Del and William,
	I don't know how much this will help. The pianos in question are
Kimball 468S. I think I will either purchase or rent a 12" circular and
go that route depending on cost(I don't know that I would ever use one
again for anything else besides that). The cases are actually in
beautiful condition cosmetically and I don't want to take any chances on
messing them up by prying the glue joints loose.

Mike Masters
Masters Piano Service
Lakewood, OH