Prague Chamber Orchestra, Valentina Lisitsa (warning temperaments)

Vanderhoofven dkvander@clandjop.com
Mon, 09 Feb 1998 10:58:23 -0600

Had I known in advance that the piano was to be only used with music
written before 1831, I would have been more inclined to discuss with the
concert promoters and the pianist about the possibility of a Historical
Temperament.

What temperament(s) would be suitable to use with the Mendelssohn Piano
Concerto #1 in G-minor?  Explanations are very helpful to my understanding
of proper and improper temperaments to use.  Wanting to expand the number
of tools in my temperament tool-box.

Addressed to the list ... Short answers please.
Addressed to me... you can write a whole book.

Thanks!
David

David A. Vanderhoofven, RPT
#pianotech page:

www.clandjop.com/~dkvander/ircpiano.html

New web page for the Joplin Community Concert Association
www.concerts.joplin.com