Piano Technicians Guild A440 Resolution

Gregory Torres tunapiana@adisfwb.com
Sun, 08 Feb 1998 19:25:55 -0600

Dear Bill:

I don't get it. A while back (couple months ago) you flamed someone about cutting
down a PSO. You said you can make the same money tuning the PSO as you do the
Steinways and such. Do you tune and work on a PSO or POS for the same fee as a
higher quality instrument but you won't tune ET? Do you charge more money for HT?
Is HT something you can do with an SAT? Or do you just tune HT aurally? I would
really like to know what is so special about HT. Can you tune a wurlitzer spinet
to HT and if so which HT would you use? I don't run into a whole lot of
instruments from a specific period of time in playable condition that used an HT
so do you work on a lot of ancient instruments or what. Since ET has un-officially
been the standard for nearly a century I would like to know what kind of
instruments you tune. It also occurs to me that tuning an HT on a modern (last 75
years or so) instrument would not really be the ideal tuning to put on the
instrument. What say ye, 'O HT professor. ;-)

Enquiring minds want to know.

Greg Torres