44 cents low or A428

Frank Weston klavier@annap.infi.net
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 20:29:34 -0500

Rogerio,

Don't believe everything you read.  4 cents is approximately 1cps only in
the range close to A440.  There are 1200 cents in an octave.  The octave
from A220 to A440 spans 220 cps, the octave from A440 to A880 spans 440
cps. Thus, with a little bit of analysis,  we must conclude that the ratio
of cents to cycle is higher below A440 than above.   I will contact the
Shiller Institute forthwith.

Your previous post was thought provoking to say the least.  Please don't
let a little friendly disagreement discourage you.

Frank Weston