Key Bushings

DLLegg@aol.com DLLegg@aol.com
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 19:53:41 EST

Jim,
This would take a considerable amount of extra time, but I have had some
success with it.    "Voice" the bushings with a needle before steaming.  This
allows the steam to get through the none absorbent cloth to the glue, where it
is needed.  I use wallpaper paste remover and water.  The voicing idea came
from actually having to remove four layers of wallpaper from a room in a house
built in 1865.  Nothing would penetrate all layers at once unless "channels"
were made for the solution.  For wallpaper removal there is a perforating tool
made for this.
Debbie Legg