bobbling hammers-1993 Kranich&Bach

Robert Goodale Robert.Goodale@nau.edu
Wed, 04 Feb 1998 08:42:16 -0700

Lance Lafargue wrote:

> I GIVE UP!  I've been trying to help a customer of mine who bought a cheap
> Kranich & Bach (made in Europe, 1993, sold by Baldwin) 42" upright.
>
> I have come across this problem hundreds of times over the years and have
> always been able to regulate it out, but I can't seem to get this one to
> stop without regulating it out of the comfort zone.  Any ideas?
> Thanks very much!

I hate to be blunt and obvious, but... Since this piano was marketed by
Baldwin, does it by any chance have that awful artificial "corfam" crap
that they insist on using in the action instead of buckskin? If so, it
may be that the catchers have become hard and smooth and will no-longer
catch on the backchecks.

Just a thought.

Rob Goodale, RPT