bobbling hammers-1993 Kranich&Bach

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iAmerica.net
Tue, 3 Feb 1998 07:35:33 -0600

Thanks Jon, I will try strengthening the hammer springs on a few and see
what happens, then do the set if it works.  It makes sense that it would
help to hold the hammer toward the backcheck and lessen back and forth
motion.  Thanks.
Lance Lafargue, RPT
New Orleans Chapter
Covington, LA.
lafargue@iamerica.net

----------
> From: Jon Page <jpage@capecod.net>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: bobbling hammers-1993 Kranich&Bach
> Date: Monday, February 02, 1998 6:55 PM
>
> Lance,
> Strengthen the hammer springs. This will prevent the 'fly-away'
> motion of the hammer and maintain a more solid blow.
> Also check hammer  blow, too much can cause this.
> Jon Page
> At 04:48 PM 2/2/98 -0600, you wrote:
> >Dear List,
> >I GIVE UP!  I've been trying to help a customer of mine who bought a
cheap
> >Kranich & Bach (made in Europe, 1993, sold by Baldwin) 42" upright.
This