bobbling hammers-1993 Kranich&Bach

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iAmerica.net
Tue, 3 Feb 1998 07:33:14 -0600

Hi,
Yes, I forgot, the first thing I did was raise the rail which would help
the jacks to return.  I adjusted checking, letoff, etc.  The aftertouch is
tremendous!  (TOO DEEP now)  I want (I think) the jacks far away from the
butts. Consequently I've had to adjust checking within that window so that
I don't get blocking on some blows.  Thanks!  ANY ideas are appreciated...
Lance Lafargue, RPT
New Orleans Chapter
Covington, LA.
lafargue@iamerica.net

----------
> From: Zen Reinhardt <diskladame@provide.net>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: bobbling hammers-1993 Kranich&Bach
> Date: Monday, February 02, 1998 7:08 PM
>
> Hi Lance!
>
> How's the aftertouch?
>
> Did you try decreasing hammer blow distance and adjusting lost motion
> accordingly?
>
> Cheap pianos have a way of defying traditional comfort zones because so
> little attention is paid to how well the action geometry will work.
> Perhaps a more enlightened List Member can elaborate on this?
>
> ZR!  RPT
> Ann Arbor  MI
> diskladame@provide.net

> > From: Lance Lafargue <lafargue@iAmerica.net>
> > To: Pianotech Listserve <pianotech@ptg.org>
> > Subject: bobbling hammers-1993 Kranich&Bach
> > Date: Monday, February 02, 1998 5:48 PM
> >
> > Dear List,
> > I GIVE UP!  I've been trying to help a customer of mine who bought a
> cheap
> > Kranich & Bach (made in Europe, 1993, sold by Baldwin) 42" upright.
This