SOT, SAT II and III

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Mon, 02 Feb 1998 23:47:16 -0700 (MST)

Hi James:

I have a suggestion for you in regard to this comment you recently made.

" My apologies to
any I may have offended when I said the SAT III was a warmed over version
of the SAT II.  It has history on its' side and my old SAT will stay with
me as my backup here in my drawer, ready to go to work when needed."

Since I have had 3 or 4 SATs at a time, I discovered that it is not a good
idea to put them on the shelf and forget about them. After the main battery
runs down, then the mercury battery which keeps the programs fresh will
also run down. Then it has to be sent back to the factory to get
reprogrammed. How do I know? I found that I must even keep my Sight O
Tuners active and charged up for the same reason.

One of the advantages of the new SAT III is that its memory is saved in
Rom as the machine is turned off. I don't know what would happen to my
2300c if I were to set in on the shelf. I'm afraid to find out.

Jim Coleman, Sr.