Tired Soundboard

Dave Swartz dms2000@PIONEERPLANET.INFI.NET
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 20:48:38 -0500 (EST)

Hi list,

I'm compiling information on soundboards in regards to replacement.  I
realize this topic has been discussed several times over the years but would
like to hear from you.  What things when assessing a soundboard do you
consider that would substantiate the need for a new board?  What are ways
you check for resiliency, tonal properties, etc.  I normally push for a new
board 40 years or older.  Downbearing and crown can be fine and still end up
with a not so hot resonating unit.  Your thoughts are appreciated.  I will
publish the concensus once obtained.  Please e-mail me privately.  Thanks!

Dave Swartz, RPT
dms2000@pioneerplanet.infi.net
website: http://www.majesticpiano.com