Rebuilding Artist Benches (New Thread)

Joel A. Jones jajones2@FACSTAFF.WISC.EDU
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 16:00:29 -0600

Rob,
I'm at UW-Madison and we have had the petite from Jansen on stage for some
time.  It is the preferred bench - over the regular artist.  I haven't
determined if it is because it is lighter to lug around, or if there is
really a difference in the height of adjustment. They have served us well
and I will buy a few more for next year.
	>comments on the cheeper artist benches out there (AKA the "Petite"
>benches such as that found on P. D-1 in the PianoTech catalogue). Do
>these hold up as well under regular use, or are they better suited for
>the occassional home user?

No doubt you are familiar with Jansen's service of rebuilding and
reupholstering.  I believe he quoted me around $150 for this operation.
Seems like you are looking for a manufacturer source for less.  I would
also be interested in this as there are several artist benches in our
studios that are on their last legs.  Soon to be replaced, but it would be
nicer on my budget if there was a inexpensive source of parts.  Better yet,
if someone did a good repair for less.  I will no doubt use Jansen when
these benches go to the repair shop unless I find a more qality source.
Joel
	>Has anyone looked into to rebuilding artist benches?  I have a
number of
>them that not only need recovering (upholstery or "Nauga" if you will),
>but also have various problems with the adjusting mechanism.

>Rob Goodale, RPT

Keep In Tune
Joel A. Jones                           jajones2@facstaff.wisc.edu
UW-Madison                           http://uwpianos.music.wisc.edu/