new hammer flanges

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 09:11:31 EST

<< Tonight I came back to tighten flanges and align hammers.  I suspect
 that the problem is that the flanges do not fit the rail properly...not
 a tight enough fit.  I tried every flange I had in my kit, all from
 Schaff or APSCO. None of them fit very well.

 Is this just the way things are?  Does no one make good replacement
 flanges?

What brand is this piano. There are about three or four different flanges in
production. If you can't find one of them to fit, then perhaps it was an
oddball disign in the first place, and you do what you can with what you got.
If you want to spend the time, and the customer the money, perhaps you can
modify a flange to make it fit, and then do that to all of them.

Wim