Planning ahead

Clyde Hollinger cedel@redrose.net
Sat, 26 Dec 1998 09:39:34 -0500

Friends:

Most of you probably already do some business analysis at the end of the
year, but for those who don't, I would recommend it.  I consider my fees
to see if anything should be changed and make a budget for the coming
year, being sure to include funds for IRAs.

This has really helped even out our spending and saving plans.  My
receipts go into a savings account, and from that I give myself the same
advance every week, just like a paycheck.  This keeps us from blowing
all the money when a lot is coming in, then wondering how to pay the
bills when business slows down.  Does anyone have other helpful
suggestions?

I do not know how seriously we should take the y2k thingie.  Any
thoughts on this?  When I brought this up before, someone suggested that
consumer spending may be up this year in anticipation of y2k, but I
question whether piano service will be included in that.

Since I suspect my work could slow down toward the end of the year if
people begin to conserve their financial resources, I plan to build up a
little financial kitty during the first part of the year, just in case.
If I don't really need it later on, then we'll earmark it for something
else.  :-)  In any case I think it's wise to plan ahead!

Clyde Hollinger, RPT
Lititz, PA