Honer Clavinette

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 23:15:11 -0600

> fndango@azstarnet.com wrote:
> >
> > I have a customer with a Hohner clavinette, who needs new strings. He
> > tells me that Hohner doesn't make the clavinette anymore and can't
> > provide replacement strings. Does anyone have any experience with
this?
> > Can you direct me to someone who could supply replacement strings?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Bob Anderson
> > Tucson, AZ

I would contact Mapes. They might have been the original supplier.  I have
"tuned" a few of these, but do not know about the strings other than they
seemed as thin as guitar strings, and assume the wound strings are
similar.  I can't imagine these strings breaking, so I am curious as to
why he needs new ones.
Call information and ask for  Magic Music Machines in San Francisco.  I
know they have worked on them.  I can visualize other parts might be
needed such as the part that presses the string down.  They get grooved
and cause all sorts of problems.

The number may be   (415) 864-3300  Magic Music Machines

Richard Moody