Disability Insurance

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 08:06:36 -0500

No, it is not.

Private insurance will may pay 60% of your last 12 months income but will take
away any SSDI you get, and you cannot work doing pianos.  Disability is difficult
to prove unless you are missing major body parts or have ten physicians saying you
cannot work.  You do not pay taxes on disability payments.

        Newton