Missing Accu-Tuner II

Robert Goodale Robert.Goodale@NAU.EDU
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 15:19:53 -0700

Greetings,

For those of you who may not be aware, I work at Northern Arizona
University where I am the staff piano
tech in the School of Music.  The music department has had a
non-functioning Accu-Tuner II laying around for years.  Recently
I inquired if it would be possible for me to purchase the unit
for myself from the school.  I was given permission and the unit
was sent off to the university surplus property department.  I
was informed that by policy it must remain there for 15 days,
afterwhich it would be available for private purchase.  It never
appeared.  I spoke with a clerk in the surplus property
department who didn't recall seeing it.  I was "told" however,
that anything items such as this may be placed in a pile of
"misc. scientific equipment", and could have been sold at any
time.  Obviously this information contradicts what I was told
when the paperwork was filed.

If someone did indeed purchase the unit without my knowlege, it
is likely this person doesn't have a clue what it is or how to
use it.  It is also possible that it never reached surplus
property as it was supose to.

I took the unit to Phoenix about three weeks ago and Mr. Jim
Coleman Sr. personally inspected it.  The main battery and the
memory back-up battery are both bad, and it will need to be
completely
re-programed.  It also needs a new face.  Mr. Coleman recommended
that I make the purchase.

If you should see this unit or hear about it I would appreciate
being informed. The unit has the
serial number  1001.  According to Mr. Colman, this would have
been the first unit to feature the membrain face.  It also has a
sticker on it listing the NAU property control number  92705.

Thank you, I appreciate your help.  If an unsuspecting individual
has legitimately purchased the unit without my knowlege, i.e. has
some kind of receipt),  and doesn't wish to make the repairs, I
may still be interested in obtaining it from that individual.
(I'm guessing some ignorant student worker sold it for $5.00).

Thank you, I appreciate your help.

Rob Goodale, RPT
(520) 779-4299