calling your customer

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 23:21:31 EST

I am sure all of you have call your customers from your office to tell them
when you are coming. Many of you call your customers from your car, to tell
them you are running late, or to see if they are home. But how many call your
customers from their house, to see where they are?

This evening, when I got done tuning a piano, I called the ladies name to tell
her I was done. There were several large dogs in the house, and although they
didn't act threatening, I wasn't going to take any chances going anywhere but
the living room. I called the lady three of four times, and as many of you
know I have a pretty loud voice, but I still didn't get a response. I heard
some loud music playing off in the distance, so I presumed she couldn't hear
me over the music. What to do? I wanted to get home, but I didn't just want to
leave, and besides, one of the dogs was laying in front of the door.

I took out my cell phone and called her, from her living room. I heard the
phone ring and she answered after about three rings. She was in the basement,
running the laundry, with the music playing, and didn't hear me call her.

Rack up another good reason to cary a cell phone with you.

Willem Blees