Outrageous!

Vanderhoofven dkvander@clandjop.com
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 22:19:38 -0600

Dear Friends,

As piano technicians, we are in a service business.  We sell our skill and
time to our customers.  That's right, we "SELL" our skill and time to our
customers.  As much as we may hate selling things, that is exactly what we
do.  The better we are at selling ourselves and our skills, the more money
we have the potential of earning.

Word Association Game
Selling   =   "Used Car Salesman".

The usual stereotype of a used car salesman is someone who is pushy,
obnoxious, unscrupulous, and who is just itching to part you from your hard
earned dollars by any means possible, legal or not.  Sales has always been
something I hate to do, perhaps because I am always going to the opposite
extreme so as not to be anything like a used car salesman.

So, how can I increase my income by selling myself and my services without
alienating my customers and being like the proverbial used car salesman?

I am glad you asked!

I recently checked out a book from our local public library.  The book is
called _Outrageous_, by T. Scott Gross.  The whole book is about providing
unforgettable service that makes your customers loyal to you and willing to
buy what you are selling.  I get the impression from reading this book that
if you give your clients the kind of excellent service that they don't get
anywhere else, you will be able to build an incredible business.

I urge you to read this book for yourself.  I promise you, you won't regret
it!

Outrageous!
by T. Scott Gross
ISBN # 0-8144-7986-3
published 1998 by AMACOM,
American Management Association
1601 Broadway
New York, NY 10019

AMACOM on-line at http://www.amanet.org

Disclaimer... I get no commisions for letting you know about this book.  I
just think it is well worth your time to read this book for yourself.

Sincerely,
David A. Vanderhoofven
Joplin, MO

http://www.clandjop.com/~dkvander/