"A Brief Animal Story"

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Sun, 13 Dec 1998 18:59:00 -0600

A440A@aol.com wrote:

>     This overpriviliged mutt had obviously never had to deal with the
>aggression being returned, so was completely unprepared for meeting Mr.
>"Foot".  I managed to loft it completely over the sofa, causing it to land
>upside down on the coffee table, barely missing a very large Waterford sherry
>decanter, but it was worth it.

The risk could have been greater than you imagined. In this modern world,
assume the presence of video surveillance.

But the danger from dogs is very real. A member of the Kansas City
chapter was viciously attacked by a large dog last spring while in the
presence of the customer/dog's owner. The wounds were severe enough that
the tuner could not work for several days. The dog was destroyed as a
result of the attack.

The only policy that I have been able to think of that could have
prevented this attack would be for us to decline to be on the property
with any unrestrained dog. That policy might seem unworkable, but one of
our colleagues could easily have been killed by this attack.

Kent Swafford