Where oh where is the pitch??from Canada--AAA

David Renaud studiorenaud@qc.aibn.com
Sun, 13 Dec 1998 02:19:32 -0800

Thanks for your replies
.
I'm interested in hearing more reports of deviation from pitch,
how much,   how often..........
.
I think we need to be reminded to check our reference pitch
regularly and not take it for granted.

Reporting back on the outcome.

Checked the forks against another technician's. machine
and they were both within .1 of a cent at room temp.

Checked the teachers machine and it was 10 cents off.
He admitted 15 cents was a slight exaggeration on his part
to make sure I came back.

We manually calibrated the machine, it's self calibrating
" 440" lies.

I didn't change the  piano's pitch at all, the brass tuned
to the calibrated machine, everybody thought the piano
sounded magnificent tonight.

And I'm in a much better mood.

                                                      Cheers all

                                                       Dave Renaud