Christmas time pet peeves

Z! Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 22:28:40 -0500

Don't forget those customers who call you at some *otherworldly* hour
wondering if you could possibly squeeze them into the next day's (Friday)
schedule ... and the piano in question is a no-name spinet that hadn't been
tuned for a number of years.

Or what about those shoppers who pull up next to a parking place and block
traffic to let people leisurely climb out of the car, rather than pull into
the parking place.  Meanwhile you still have to get up to the next block,
go around the building, and check in with security for a concert tuning
you're already a little late for.

What about those family members who think you have the time to stop in at a
distant mall to buy them their *special something* when it's all you can do
to get through the traffic on the roads running past the mall entrances to
get to an appointment on time.

(No, I won't bore you all with stories from my experiences working in a
mall at Christmas time.  I can even bore you with stories about servicing
pianos in malls ...)

Z! Reinhardt RPT
Ann Arbor  MI
diskladame@provide.net

----------
From: Wimblees@AOL.COM
To: Pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Christmas time pet peeves
Date: Wednesday, December 09, 1998 12:36 AM

There are some things that drive me up the wall during most of the year,
but
they get me really aggravated during Christmas time.

1. It's three o'clock, I'm already 20 minutes late to my next appointment,
and
someone is driving the speed limit in the fast lane of the cross town
expressway.

2.  Shoppers that take five minutes to turn into a parking lot.

3. When you get to your street, the numbers on the house are coverd up with
wreaths, lights, and other decoration.

4. Once in the house, every picture in the world, plus the manger scene
with
15 animals, and a couple of angles, are on top of the piano, and the
question
"do these have to come off?"

Who said Christmas is a happy time  Bah!! Humbug. Get out of my way, before
run you over, and if I can't find your house, let someone else dump all
that
garbage off your piano.

There, I feel better now.   Just remember, only 13 more tuning days before
Christmas.

Wim