ID needed, was Re: Tools On Airlines (Reply)

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 08:54:58 EST

<< Above all, have your driver's licence.  Without this, you won't get
anywhere!

 Keith McGavern >>

When Jan and I went to Dearborn, we flew. Since I knew I wouldn't be driving,
I figured I wouldn't need my drivers licence. So I left it at home. If you
remember, that's the week flight TWA 800 blew up, and security at airports
became very tight. Well, guess, what, I didn't have a picture ID with me.  It
took several long conversations with some very high ups at the security, and
Jan showing some pictures of us as a couple, (she had her driver's licence),
to finally convince them I was allright. Jan being there helped a lot, but I
am convinced that it was my down home good looks that got me past security. :)

Wim