Sustain sustaining

kam544@earthlink.net kam544@earthlink.net
Mon, 7 Dec 1998 17:59:49 -0600

>...I suspected it might be due to leaves and dirt. I cleaned it out well and
>tried to make it stick again, but it wouldn't....
>
>...I know I could disable the sostunuto as a last resort, but that is not
>fixing the problem, really.
>
>Any ideas? Has anyone experienced the same problem?
>
>Wally Scherer

Wally,

If you had to clean leaves and dirt from this piano, that doesn't initially
say much for the current condition of this piano.  However, if the
sostenuto rod is really the problem *and* the sostenuto rod is not
necessary for the recital, then by all means, disable it.  You can play
super tech after the program.

Keith McGavern
kam544@earthlink.net
Registered Piano Technician