Whipping Bass Strings

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 07 Dec 1998 02:24:39 -0600

Hi John,
            I take them off one at a time rub them down with oooo steel
wool, one smart wack on the floor, reinstall with one twist. I only do this
for the dead sounding iron wound strings, generally the copper strings are
O/K. If not I prefer to restring. 2 to 3hrs to get them back up to pitch.
Regards Roger.

At 11:42 PM 06/12/98 -0800, you wrote:
>What exactly is the procedure for whipping bass strings? Does one remove
>one string at a time and give it a good shake then reinstall? Also, how
>long to do this procedure?
>John Pengelly
>Nelson, B.C.

Roger Jolly