REPETITION

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Tue, 01 Dec 1998 23:09:30 -0700 (MST)

Hi Rogerio:

You didn't mention backchecking. If this is approximately 14 to 16 mm,
then I would think that the problem is in tightness of the flange pinning.
If you remove a hammer flange, the hammer and shank should swing about
6 or 7 half swings before coming to rest after being dropped from a
horizontal orientation to the flange. If it is less, then probably some
repinning is in order. You can also check the wippen flange for tightness
by placing a penny (3 grams) weight near the end of the flange when the
removed wippen assembly is held up on end. If this requires more than
5 grams to move the flange, then again repinning or shrinking is in order.

You also did not mention the keybushings or the key balance bottom hole.
These can also be a source of resistance.

Jim Coleman, Sr.