Damper Felts & Fabric Softener

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Tue, 01 Dec 1998 17:47:07 -0500

Barrie,
20 years is not so bad. Sometimes roughing them with 100 grit sand
paper or a checkering file removes the surface crust and they dampen
better, sometimes not.

Fabric softener worked for too brief a time to be worthwhile. Haven't
tried steam. If roughing the surface doesn't do the trick, then the core is
hard
as well; in that case, replace.

Jon Page
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)

Santa Claus is always smiling because he knows where all the naughty girls
live.