Steinway lyre

Dick Powell dbpowell1@juno.com
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 16:29:17 -0600

List,     I tuned an old Steinway today that had been moved from an
upstairs room downstairs to the sanctuary . Guys in the church moved it .
They took off the lyre & legs & scooted it down the stairs. They said
something was wrong with the damper pedal. When I checked it , it would
work the dampers but the pedal is very hard to push & the dampers do lift
,but not a whole lot. I took out the action to see if something was
binding somewhere. I worked the dampers by hand & they worked just fine.
I checked to be sure that there was a little play in the pedal, that was
ok. The rods were numbered & seem to be in order. Anyone have any ideas
as to what might cause the stiffness?
Thanks,
Dick____________Louisiana
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]