kamakazi kawai /My Stieff takes a bow!

AndyTTaylr@AOL.COM AndyTTaylr@AOL.COM
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 19:53:46 EST

Subject: Re: kamakazi kawai

Ned Robie wrote:

> 1. If this happened to your piano, what would you do?
> (Humor is ok, my wife and I could use a good laugh right now.)

Hi Ned.

I have a stieff upright that I was converting into a player piano, it plays
very well (or it did)

I was moving it to the new building today. It was sitting on the dolly, and
all of a sudden ((((CRACK))))) the pedal board and bottom collapsed the
resulting weight sheared the old glue joints of the front legs & they popped
right off.

Well the pedal board broke in half, the front legs fell off, and the bottom
split in half. the piano fell  right on it's face in the front yard with the
keybed against the ground. kind of embarrassing :-)

I picked up all the pieces and carried it to the shop. I will have to make a
new pedal board and bottom. The old glue joints are bad so I must break it
apart and reglue.

So hey......it could be worse!.....First time I ever seen an upright take a
"bow"!

Andy Taylor