Sciortino Coil Maker

Jerry Hunt jhunt@geocities.com
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 08:48:06 -0500

Bill,
Thanks for the comments. I have been lifting the coils and bending down
the beckets (which of course I learned in the Randy Potter course,
including the Reblitz book that comes with the course), and am planning
on tapping the coils (the need for which has been made clear in recent
posts on this subject) after installing all of the strings and the
pressure bar.

Which brings up a couple of thinks you might be able to clarify for me.
(BTW Before removing the pressure bar, I DID take measurements and have
made a template about 2" squared, mic'ed to withing +/- .001 to aid in
setting to the right height when I re-install it). I haven't done any
string stretching, but have been using pliars to compress the bends
around the hitch pins, to bring the strings into parallel. I assume that
after installing all of the strings and the pressure bar, that I would
then space the strings, do a chip pitch and then tap coils, seat strings
on bridge pins, stretch the strings (i.e. with the string stretcher),
repeat and repeat again?