Tuning (?) help

Wed, 22 Apr 1998 09:52:10 -0500

Hello list,

Got a request to prepare an old upright for what will be similar to a roast.
Intended piano is a 55" Kurtzmann of 1918 vintage.  (prettiest piano we have
here, with a burl walnut case, and it tunes quite well)

In keeping with the spirit of the occasion I'm thinking of using the
historical Lawrence Welk temperament.  I seem to recall hearing that there
was a specific amount of de-tuning which was done.  Anyone one the list know
the "specs", or was it just get a good tuning on the center strings and get
the others close?

Conrad

Conrad Hoffsommer		Office - (319) 387-1204
Luther College                         Music Dept Fax - (319) 387-1076
700 College Drive
Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045             hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu

If I had multiple personality disorder, my resume would make more sense.