Hammer techniques

Wed, 15 Apr 1998 08:58:04 -0500

Billbrpt,
At 23:25 4/14/98 EDT, you wrote:

>Another useless, waste of bandwidth answer from the commander in chief of the
>Baloney Bunch.
>
>Are we all now supposed to think that tuning the 1098 is going to be a waste
>of time, energy and technique?  Is there nothing which can be done for them?

No William, we don't all feel like it is a waste of time, nor do we all feel
that the instrument in question is trash.

Being only a private (busted NCO, at that), I can only speak for myself.  I
am in awe of someone such as yourself who, with your vast experience, has
never had that feeling of frustration (which I suppose only I in my
ignorance could have felt) when wrestling with a piano, which for whatever
reason,  demands every tuning technique ever devised and even then only
begrudgingly permits itself to be tuned.

>  Do you think ...<snips to save some bandwidth>    that there are no
>established techniques which will do this instrument any good?

Again, NO!  What may be to the benefit of we lesser tuners could be the
realization and subsequent relief to know that we are not totally bereft of
technique, but that some pianos actually _are_ harder to tune than others.
Perhaps knowing in advance some specific makes and models could favorably
affect our moods while tuning, thereby making everybody happier.

Just my ha'penny and continued bandwidth waste.

Pvt. Conrad, BB Reg.
(awaiting yet another court-marshall)

Conrad Hoffsommer		Office - (319) 387-1204
Luther College
700 College Drive, Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045
hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu -or- pno2ner@salamander.com

If I had multiple personality disorder, my resume would make more sense.