Listserv meeting-Providence? (Long)

Dan M. Hallett, Jr. dhalle@toolcity.net
Thu, 09 Apr 1998 16:12:48 -0400

Dear Lance and List:

My wife belongs to a list of people who sew, most of them using a
particular machine. Through the list there has risen a desire to meet
the other members of the list.
We just returned from the second meeting - and even the husbands who
went had a good time. When we got together it was as if there were no
strangers, just old friends getting together.
I won't be at Providence this year, but if a get-together would bring
that type of enjoyment, then it would be a good thing.
I've often thought that, when the members of the list let their love of
the piano shine, and are helping each and everyone who asks, that the
list members would enjoy meeting each other face to face with time to
visit.
This might even help the growth of conventions, especially if the list
participants had a place to meet at State Conventions, too.
The sewing list referred to at the beginning has had get-togethers all
over the country. It's grown from 18 two years ago to 1500 now - and
still growing.
In all the posts from my wife's list thatI've read, I've never seen
anyone attempting to convert another to a particular point of view, just
admiration for one another's abilities, and help ranging from sites to
visit, techniques, etc. - much like ours in many respects.
Thanks for listening
Dan Hallett, Jr. RPT
Hallett's Piano Service
dhalle@toolcity.net