Legal Query HELP ASAP

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Fri, 03 Apr 1998 22:07:40 -0700

List,
	Thanks are in order for those who responded to my legal query, public and
private.

	I remembered that some of the techs on the list had legal experience, and
of course, all the participants on the list have some portion of service
experience. That's why we're here, right?  We know that there are "former"
lawyers, who wanted to, and became, piano techs. Are there any piano techs
that really wanna be lawyers?

	As a follow-up, the customer mailer is short and to the point, with one
addition based on the experience of someone not on the list. Warranties.
The non-list person has had the sad experience of footing the bill for
warranty work on projects performed by former techs who misrepresented
themselves as being affiliated with his dealership. An additional
disclaimer about honoring warranties for work performed by the
ex-subcontactor after such-and-such date is included.

	I truly appreciate the thought and time that was put into the responses I
recieved. This list is an incredible resource.

	As to the reponses from Frank and BillBrpt, below, ....uh....
         nevermind.

Thanks again, list. Back to work.
Guy Nichols,RPT,  solo tuner for Nichols Baldwin Music Co.

"When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty."