Serial Number Help

DGPEAKE DGPEAKE@aol.com
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 23:05:20 EST

<<
 I am doing an evaluation on a 1930s-1940s era Vose & Sons. I cannot find
 a serial numer anywhere on the piano, including all the usual places.
 The plate has not been painted over. Nothing underneath the rim, on the
 soundboard, inside keybed. Does anyone of know any other special places
 where V&S may have stamped a serial number? I would like to get a
 definative date of manufacture.

 Thanks
 Rob Goodale. RPT

It may be engraved on the backside of the piano.  Sometimes it may be hard to
see or read.

Hope this helps.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland, OR