.MID file of piano tuning keystrokes

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Sat, 27 Sep 97 15:44:10 -0500

Tunapiana@aol.com wrote:

>Kent:
>
>What format is this file? When I downloaded it the extension was .hqx, I
>don't think I have any program that opens files with this extension. I tried
>renaming it with the .mid extension to no avail. Any help would be
>appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>Greg Torres
>Tunapiana@adisfwb.com
>Tunapiana@aol.com

Greg,

     The .hqx file is a common Mac format, referred to as a bin-hexed
file.  The file actually has two levels of encryption; after it is
un-bin-hexed, you will have a .sit file which is the standard Mac
compressed file.

If you do a search on "Stuffit" over the Internet, you should be able to
find the web
site of Aladdin Systems, the makers of Stuffit compression software or
"*.sit"
format. There, you can download Stuffit for Windows to decode your file.
(The Mac version of the Stuffit Expander automatically takes care of both
levels of encryption.)  Let me know if you have more difficulty.

Kent