Re; Tech/Dealer relationship

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 15 Sep 1997 20:10:06

For William and the list,
                          We have to face the facts of life, some dealers
will never change, some so called piano techs., ( wood butchers.) will
never change, and some manufacturers are not up to speed with current
market quality demands. All we can do is keep persevering to try and make
things better, to enhance our own integrity and protect our customers from
such villans.
   The law of the market place will issue its harsh judgement in due time.
Mean while steer the consumer to reputable organisations, keep caring,and
keep the customer first. The customer that is on the recieving end of this
kind of treatment will bad mouth the dealer far more effectively than you.
This will keep your reputation and image intact, if you cannot be true to
yourself you are no use to anyone.
    If you are tuning for a number of teachers it is worth the effort to
appraise them of the situation, they are the largest market influencers for
technicians, dealers, and brand names, this course of action should ONLY be
used as a last resort, and be done very diplomatically.
   Finally William there are some things you cannot change, but life goes on.
   From the frozen north where all dealers are wonderfull. Did I say that?