Recordings & tunings

Bob Anderson fndango@azstarnet.com
Thu, 11 Sep 1997 16:38:28 -0700

I would really like to see more pianos identified in credits on CD's,
records, tapes, etc. It is valuable for technicians to be able to hear
different brands of pianos and to be able to recognize their
characteristic sound, and even to be able to have samples of individual
pianos regardless of brand as references for voicing education.

I've never known how to go about expressing this concern. Those
technicians among us who tune for a lot of recording studios might lead
the way in realizing this goal.

I know that from the point of view of a producer, the piano technicians'
needs are pretty small potatoes, but I would be willing to write
letters, etc., if I knew who to address them to.

Bob Anderson
Tucson, AZ