Opinions?

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sat, 29 Nov 1997 10:13:14

At 02:23 AM 11/29/97 -0600, you wrote:

> [...]
          You are correct current production is Samick, however the scale
of the C173 is reverse engineered from the model R.  If you install a set
of R hammers on this unit you will be pleasently suprised at the results.
Several reasons 1. much more elastic felt.
2. The hammers are about 1.5gms lighter in the bass end.  The piano warms
up beautifully plus the impact noise is greatly diminished.
 Read Rob Kiddels post in todays mail, re querks. however significant
improvements in QC have happened in the last year. Both Rob and I spend a
minimum of one day prepping these units before sale. As a result we are
both selling above average units.
 Side by side on the floor the Wurlitzer out performs our Yamaha GH1B at
about the same price point, Re tone. Re touch it flips the other way. We
let the consumer make the choice.
 Properly prepped its good value for the money.
 Del hits the nail on the head when saying where have all the Hammers
gone.Slight mis-quote.
 I long for a scorce that could supply the old 16lb outer 8lb inner, walnut
molding, grey shoulder reinforced  cold pressed hammer of yesteryear.
Whatever that set of specs means in todays.
 As an aside, Baldwin has made a strong philosophy change in the last year
or so. If the unit in not American made, and of premium quality, the
Baldwin name will not be used.
 Where O Where have all the hammers gone!!!
>regards Roger
Roger Jolly
University of Saskatchewan
Dept. of Music.