leftie vs. rightie

Kenneth W. Burton kwburton@freenet.calgary.ab.ca
Sat, 29 Nov 1997 04:20:01 -0700 (MST)

	Tom,

	These are excellent suggestions on Hammer Technique.
	When a leftie tunes a grand holding the hammer at the 9 o'clock
position (his belly button is 6 o'clock), the effect including
flagpolling, overpull etc, is the same as tuning an upright with the
hammer at the 3 o'clock position.
	I know I am an oddball about this but there are advantages to
tuning while standing up. On a grand, you can move around the end of the
piano and use the hammer at the 10 or 11 o'clock position.
	I have a bad case of TB (Tender Bum) and sitting down hurts me too
much. Thankfully, my back doesn't complain much and tunings go well.

	Ken Burton "Doctor Piano" Calgary Alberta